Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Live life and let go...

It's so hard to stick to a regular yoga schedule nowadays.  My weekends have been filled with wedding stuff which is taking me away from my yoga practice!  However, this past weekend was filled with tons of yoga goodness and continued well into the workweek...

Heated vinyasa practice was amazing on Saturday.  My clothes were drenched and drops of sweat continued to drip off and onto the mat.  I took my practice one step further that day and actually achieved the scissor pose!  (Okay, it lasted for like 3 seconds, but it was still something!)  This isn't me, but this is the scissor pose...




On Sunday, I went to lululemon with my yoga buddy (Doug!) on the Ave in Greenwich and took an awesome class with Gwen Lawrence.  For those of you who are looking to try yoga, but don't know where to start, I'd HIGHLY suggest taking a free class at lululemon.  Yes, you heard right.  FREE!  What in life is free anymore nowadays?!  They're great at showcasing yoga instructors from the area so you truly get a taste of the different styles of teaching.  Anyway, Gwen was a great instructor; very precise in her explanations and really pushed you to the edge.  


That's the thing I love about yoga, every class takes you one step further and that much deeper into your practice.  You're able to learn new things about your body as well as things that you knew before but continue to strengthen each and every time.

A common phrase that I often hear my instructors say at the end of class is "Live life and let go...."  One day, I hope to be able to achieve that life... To just truly live and love my life, no regrets, no grudges, and no negative energy.  I wonder if this is ever possible, but there is a glimmer of hope that this does exist.  I at least know that this world exists every time during my 75 minute yoga classes :-)

And now, I'll leave you with my favorite pose of the week... Crow pose (also known as Bakasana).  This time, the picture is of me :-) Still working on the pose, but I'm getting there!





No comments:

Post a Comment