Saturday, August 14, 2010

New Beginnings

After 3 years of working in the corporate industry and basically doing the same thing day in and day out (working, eating, sleeping, mixed with some traveling, yoga, and good eats in between), I've realized how much I miss writing.  English was always my favorite subject and as of late, I've been yearning to find the perfect outlet to express my thoughts. I knew I had to do something with writing especially since my younger sister asked me to help her edit her English essays in which I was overly ecstatic about (perhaps a little bit overjoyed if you ask her).  

My fiance and I were at our favorite Japanese restaurant the other day and I was gushing about the fresh, flavorful, "melt in your mouth" piece of salmon sashimi and he jokingly suggested that I start a blog on restaurant reviews called "Emily's Blog" (he's not very creative, by the way).  We laughed about it and I kind of considered it, but then I thought it was a silly idea and that I didn't have "time for something like that".  That seems to always be my excuse nowadays.  No time, no time. But in reality, this is time that I should really be spending to focus on myself and my true passions.  

So here it is, my blog titled "Balancing wellness, flavors, and the bank account".  The intent is to document my growing yoga practice, food adventures (eating out and eating in), all while trying to maintain a manageable budget.  Here goes....

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! Look forward to reading more. Thanks for following my blog. I am not a good writer but I try the best can...
    Hope you enjoy blogging as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on your blog! I also have a blog for Tim and myself, more for long-distance family to know what we are up to in the farm state we live in ;o) More I just wanted to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Em! The urge to write hits us all one day and we simply must blog! :) good for you. Very pretty design! Can't wait to hear more about the balancing the bank account, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the name - clearly you are more creative than said fiance :-)

    ReplyDelete